RE: Comments on Editor's Draft 9 January 2008

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:18:14 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

So, just to make sure I understand the implicit input/output ports on
p:pipeline (or that I am totally confused, depending on how you look at
that :), are the following the following statements true?

1. Inside p:pipeline, explicit bindings cannot be provided for implicit
input/output ports. In other words, the following is not allowed:

    <!-- "not-matched" is a non-primary output port of p:split-sequence

and should be rewritten as follows:

2. Implicit input/output on p:pipeline accept sequences of documents.

3. If the implicit input/output port of a pipeline is not bound to any
document, it contains an empty sequence.

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation

Aert van Nesstraat 45