XSLT pattern matching in p:viewport - matching descendant nodes

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:15:30 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

I have the following p:viewport example:

What I want to do is to replace every element "section" in the source
document by the element "foo". Suppose the source document looks as

I assume the result of applying the viewport should be this (correct me
if I am wrong):

However, the specification is not clear about this. While for other
steps (such as p:add-attribute, for instance) it is desired to process
all matching nodes in the document tree, I think p:viewport should stop
descending the tree as soon as it finds a matching node and it should
not proceed with XSLT pattern matching on the descendant nodes.

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation

Aert van Nesstraat 45