Re: [closed] Re: An unfulfilled requirement maybe?

From: Vasil Rangelov <boen.robot@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:05:05 +0200
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

>I think we've addressed this issue.

OK... how?

>From what I have gathered from the XProc minutes from 20 Dec 2007,
environmental variables won't be supported (a bummer, but I can live with
that), and as such, they are explicitly not allowed in either the "cmd" or
the "args" options.

In other words, an implementation running on Windows must not convert the
path "%WINDIR%\explorer.exe" to "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe", but instead,
accept it as an invalid path. The same goes for environment variables in
"args". The implementations must pass "%WINDIR%" as the string "%WINDIR%",
hoping the windows program itself will resolve it, not resolve it itself to
"C:\WINDOWS" and then pass that down to the program.

While I don't mind this behavior, it should still be explicitly stated in
the spec, and I don't see it in the latest one (10 January 2008) yet.

Offtopic://
I must say I'm all for the top level change. p:declare-step always felt
useless up until now.

Regards,
Vasil Rangelov