RE: Comments on Editor's Draft 9 January 2008

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:57:55 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Thanks for answering the questions. I think it's all clear now, except
for this:

> I believe we've addressed this:
>
>    If p:log or p:serialization elements appear in the declaration of
>    an atomic step, they will only be used if the atomic step is
>    directly evaluated by the processor. They are ignored if the step
>    appears in a pipeline.

What does "atomic step is directly evaluated by the processor" actually
mean in this context? I am still a bit confused how to understand the
two sentences. Can you give me an example?

Thanks,

Vojtech Toman
Principal Software Engineer
EMC Corporation