err:XC0016 and err:XD0019

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:46:10 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

Is there a reason why we have two error codes for invalid option values,
and not just one?

err:XD0019

    It is a dynamic error if any option value does not satisfy the type
required for that option.

err:XC0016

    It is a dynamic error if the value supplied for any option specified
for any step in this section is not of the type mandated in the step
description, with phrases such as "The value of the some-name option
must be a QName" or "the value of the some-flag option must be a
boolean".

The only difference I see between err:XC0016 and err:XD0019 is that
err:XC0016 is meant specifically for the standard step library. But is
it necessary?