RE: Exclude-inline-prefixes and unused prefixes

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:28:33 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

> And the reverse is also : if we already had a mechanism that removes
> unused prefix, what is the expected behaviour of
> exclude-inline-prefixes ???
> (since it seems, at least, strange to remove "used" prefix ??)

Well, my understanding of exclude-inline-prefixes was that it is merely
a tool for explicitly saying that you don't want certain prefixes to
appear in the document. If the XProc processor is clever enough (or
stupid enough, depending on how you look at it :) and removes a some
unused prefixes even without exclude-inline-prefixes, I am not sure
whether it is or is not a problem from the spec point of view...