Exclude-inline-prefixes and unused prefixes

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:51:41 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

If you do not explicitly exclude an inline prefix using
exclude-inline-prefixes, and this prefix is not used in the content of
p:inline, will/must/should the prefix appear in the resulting document?

Currently, the exclude-inline-prefixes related tests in the test suite
expect these prefixes to appear in the document. For instance, the
following test (exclude-inline-prefixes-001):

		xmlns:t="http://xproc.org/ns/testsuite"
		xmlns:p="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc"
		xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step"
		xmlns:err="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-error">

Is expected to return:

<wrapper>&lt;doc
xmlns:c="http://www.w3.org/ns/xproc-step"/&gt;</wrapper>

I am asking because in our implementation, the prefix "c" does not
appear in the inline document.