Re: uuid question

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:14:04 +0100
To: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>, Toman_Vojtech@emc.com, public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> I think a better guide would be that any process that returns an atomic
> value (eg string, number) should be an XPath function; any process that
> returns XML should be an XProc step.

this could be made to be true (and I like the characterization); but
this is not saying much as the difference between a string, number and
xml could just be an interceding c:result root element.

I think the less xproc ordained functions the better ... I would
propose leaving it to future versions to figure out.

my 2 koruna.

cheers, Jim Fuller