Re: Return code from p:exec?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 04:49:07 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:

>> Does anyone else think it's odd that we don't provide the exit value
>> given by the exec'd process?
>>

> Good point. I think we could add "exit-value" port to p:exec with no
> harm.

It can only ever be an integer, so can't we just say that it's an
attribute on the c:result that exec produces?

More challenging: should p:exec have a parameter input port and should
it use those parameters to set environment variables?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A man can believe a considerable deal
http://nwalsh.com/            | of rubbish, and yet go about his daily