Re: foreign namespaces

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:30:24 +0200
To: "Florent Georges" <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Cc: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:

> 2008/8/27 Norman Walsh wrote:
>
>> You can put anything you want in p:pipeinfo and you can put that
>> anywhere you want.

u can also put anything u want in p:documentation....

though I see that element and p:pipeinfo as kludge to ack that we
can't depend on things like validation to catch typos for us.
personally I see no problem with letting namespaces do its thing; the
denser the document the more meaning it has.

also, at this late stage in XProc spec we should be seeking to reduce
the language where possible.

that being said its not such a big deal using either, was easy enough
to add proprietary --ignore-foreign-namespace switch ;)

cheers, Jim