rdf accommodation

From: Paul Tyson <phtyson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:43:26 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

I'm late to the game, so excuse me if this topic has already been
disposed of.

Did the WG consider including some standard step definitions for RDF
processing?  At minimum, an optional p:sparql analog to p:xslt seems
reasonable.  Beyond that, some convenience definitions for simple graph
modifications would enable RDF processing comparable to what is now
provided for XML processing.

RDF processing steps can easily be defined and implemented by 3rd
parties, using the existing framework.  But I expect there will be a
proliferation of variant definitions that will impede portability of
xproc scripts for RDF processing.

Perhaps the step definitions for RDF processing could be specified in a
profile or module so that existing implementations will not be affected,
and future implementations can choose whether to support them.

--Paul Tyson