W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org > August 2008

XProc Minutes 7 Aug 2008

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:31:32 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
Message-ID: <m21w10vo2z.fsf@nwalsh.com>
See http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/07-minutes


                                   - DRAFT -

                            XML Processing Model WG

07 Aug 2008


   See also: IRC log[3]


           Paul, Norm, Vojtech, Mohamed

           Henry, Alex




     * Topics
         1. Accept this agenda?
         2. Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
         3. Next meeting 14 Aug 2008
         4. Technical Plenary in October in Mandelieu
         5. Open Actions
         6. Review of latest Editor's Draft
         7. Consider xsi:type in serialization?
         8. Comments form XQuery and XSLT WGs.
         9. Last Call?
        10. Any other business?
     * Summary of Action Items




  Accept this agenda?

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/07-agenda


  Accept minutes from the previous meeting?

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/07/31-minutes


  Next meeting 14 Aug 2008

   No regrets given.

  Technical Plenary in October in Mandelieu

   Please register and book your hotel.


  Open Actions

   Norm asserts he closed 2, 3, 4, and 5.

  Review of latest Editor's Draft

   -> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html

   Norm summarizes his changes.

   Mohamed: Let's go directly to Rec!

   Norm: I think if we had a staff contact, they'd object, but thanks!

  Consider xsi:type in serialization?

   Norm: Not in V1, or at least, implementation defined.
   ... That's my position.

   Mohamed: I agree. It's fine for an impelementation to do that.

   Norm: Resolved, we're not going to do anything about this in V1.

  Comments form XQuery and XSLT WGs.

   Norm: I think we've covered them
   ... I don't think we need to wait any longer on them. Anyone else?

   Mohamed: I think we did more than I would have expected us to.

  Last Call?

   Proposed: We issue a second Last Call Working Draft at the editor's
   earliest convenience.


   Mohamed: What happens next?

   Norm: Good question. How long is the Last Call going to be?

   Paul: I think mid-September is the earliest.

   Norm: How about ending it on 26 September?

   MoZ: what about the technical plenary?

   Norm: Last Call ends on 26 Sep, we finish dealing with L/C comments in
   Mandelieu, CR in very early November, PR before Christmas

   <scribe> ACTION: Norm to begin negotiating another charter extension
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-xproc-minutes.html#action01[8]]

   Paul observes that other WGs in the XML Activity expire on 31 December.

  Any other business?

   Mohamed: What about the test suite?

   Norm: See tests.xproc.org
   ... Anyone who can write tests, please do!


   <MoZ> Norm, the XSD and the DTD need to be updated

   MoZ, right. Thanks.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Norm to begin negotiating another charter extension
   [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-xproc-minutes.html#action01[9]]
   [End of minutes]


   [1] http://www.w3.org/
   [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/08/07-agenda
   [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-xproc-irc
   [6] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/
   [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-xproc-minutes.html#action01
   [9] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-xproc-minutes.html#action01
   [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl[10] version 1.133 (CVS
    $Date: 2008/08/07 15:28:36 $

Received on Thursday, 7 August 2008 15:32:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:28:25 UTC