XPath 1.0 vs. XPath 2.0

From: Colin Adams <colinpauladams@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 12:01:07 +0100
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

I've been following this discussion with great personal interest.

Concerning the proposal that the basic XSLT-level subset of XPath 2.0 be
used, I would like to say that I favour this very strongly.

Concerning implementations, I would like to point out that I have an open
source implementation of just such a subset, which should be usable from all
environments.

I believe sleepycat software (Berkeley DB XML) also have an XPath 2.0
implementation.

So Saxon is not the only available implementation.

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters