Shell scripting and managing XML processing

From: Noah Scales <noahjscales@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 21:39:11 -0800 (PST)
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

Hello.

You can write BASH in XML, transform it by XSLT, to
create BASH code that you execute. I've tried this
because I have trouble with BASH syntax, and use XML
with comparative ease.

Is there a sample schema of XML that you can suggest,
to use to generate BASH code (relying on xmllint,
saxon, docbook stylesheets. ...) that involves
manipulating XML files? Checking schema, processing
Docbook files, running XSLT, et cetera.

It would be cool to use some of the scripting language
you're proposing, preferably the latest of what you're
working on.

Is something even in the works yet?

Is BASH too unsophisticated to try to map your
scripting language onto?

-Noah