Typo in xml-id spec; canonicalization?

From: Webb Roberts <webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 17:54:43 -0400
To: public-xml-id@w3.org

"XML Schema authors are encouraged to use xml:id attributes exclusively in to indicate element identifiers."

I'm unsure of the status of xml:id with respect to the canonicalization spec.  I'm expecting resistance in introducing xml:id into upcoming vocabularies due to the conflict.  Our domain is definitely concerned with XML signatures, so it's not something that can be ignored.   Any advice?

Webb
--
Webb Roberts (webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu)
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute