Re: [QA Review] xml:id Version 1.0

Norman,

We are discussing about this issue in the QA WG these days.
See
Minutes of QA Teleconf
http://www.w3.org/mid/d6ad0b555048ebc96b07a60f8ff48eb0@ontologicon.com
David Marston analysis for xml:id
http://www.w3.org/mid/OFCA7F3AF3.94B1ABCB-ON85256F9B.0077B50E@lotus.com

Le 27 janv. 2005, à 15:06, Norman Walsh a écrit :
> The CR draft clearly identifies that it is the 'xml:id processor' that
> implements this specification. It goes on to say:
>
> "This specification defines xml:id processing, but it is up to the
> application to determine when such processing occurs. Users of
> applications that provide facilities for modifying XML documents may
> reasonably expect xml:id processing to occur whenever a change is made
> to an ID value."
>
> I believe that that satisfies the issue you identified above.

Yes it is. :) Thanks.

> I believe the conformance section now clearly identifies which
> requirements are manditory and which are not:
>
> "Conformance to constraints that \u201cmust\u201d be assured is
> mandatory. It is recommended that applications assure the other
> constraints as well. This specification defines no simply optional
> constraints."

Yes satisfied.

>> 4.3.A [6] is not met
>>
>> I encourage you first to read this message from Dave Marston, IBM [7]
>>
>> Suggestion
>> =================================
>> xxx. Extensibility of xml:id
>>
>> [Write prose here if you expect people to extend the behaviors already
>> defined in the specification, if not say so. xml:id is not extensible
>> and as to be implemented as it is.]
>> =================================
>
> This is now addressed by Section 8 of the CR draft.
>
> I believe that we have addressed all of the issues raised in this
> message,
> please let me know if you agree.

Indeed Congratulations.

As a double congratulations I would like to say that I think you are
one of the first specification to be conformant to Spec GL. :)))
So I think I'm more than satisfied.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***