Re: Marcos simple sample

On 28/02/2012 14:51, Innovimax W3C wrote:
> Using current version of Anne Spec [1] it seems like the output is
> left unchanged

> am I a child of child?
>
> Did I understand it correctly ? Anne, David ?

No I believe it would be as html5 here (but without the p weirdness html
has) so

<example>
child>Can I self close like a HTML <p> element?

The way Anne has it currently, the stack of open elements is not
explicitly closed on EOF in the tokenisation state but it is handled in
the tree building second phase. (That phase also doesn't need to do
anything explicit at EOF other than stop, you don't need to close the
nodes as entire nodes were built on seeing the start tag, at EOF You
just stop adding content and go with what you have.

The output can't correspond to unclosed elements as it is a DOM tree so
when you linearise that to get something to put in email it always ends
up having matching tags. (Currently it may not be well formed due to
issues about legal characters but that's not the issue here I think)

David