Re: Draft - Fixup or Full XML Parser

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:26:18 +0100
To: public-xml-er@w3.org
n Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:13:30 +0100, David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>
wrote:
> I'm happy with a spec describing a parse/tree model as an abstract data
> type used *only* to describe the conceptual process,
> but not happy with a spec that says an implementer must concretely
> implement the transformation by doing so.

Every implementation that is black-box indistinguishable from the
specification is fine. I'll add the appropriate disclaimers in due course.
We should only care about the results being identical (well equivalent,
not everyone will use XDM, XML Information Set, DOM).

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/