Re: Draft - Fixup or Full XML Parser

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:07:47 +0000
To: public-xml-er@w3.org
On 22/02/2012 13:31, David Lee wrote:
> I'm not suggesting implemters cannot choose to make an full XML
> parser including API's and trees out of this. I am suggesting that
> the spec not*require*  it.

Yes, I know, but currently I haven't seen an algorithm for fixup that
doesn't parse the input, so I'm not sure how to spec a fixup process
that produces a well formed XML document that doesn't first produce a
tree (as in the current draft more or less) then serialise it.

Is there a syntax level transformation that could be specified that goes
from an xml-er document to an xml document without first building a tree
and then serialising (at least conceptually, implementations may
pipeline this to start serialising the result before the tree is fully
built as is common in xslt).