RE: Draft - Fixup or Full XML Parser

From: David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:45:14 -0800
To: "liam@w3.org" <liam@w3.org>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
CC: W3C XML-ER Community Group <public-xml-er@w3.org>

> > I'd like it to be true for *all* WF XML documents, but I can imagine
> > that we might decide that the ER parser doesn't handle every possible
> > peculiarity of DTD parsing.
>
> Right; fetching a DTD is the only plausible way to recover from
> undefined entities, for example.

To me, this is an argument in favor of the idea that from a specs perspective the "ER XML Parser" is not necessarily a full XML parser.
And thus *may not be* a drop-in replacement for a full XML parser in all use cases.
Am I reading that wrong ?

David Lee
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
dlee@marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650-287-2531
Cell:  +1 812-630-7622
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.