Re: Draft - Fixup or Full XML Parser

Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> writes:
> It wouldn't. It would leave my existing and working toolchain alone,
> augmenting it with a fixup tool for when things are broken.

I think there are going to be two patterns of use: some applications
are going to try to parse with a strict XML parser and use the ER
parser only when that fails, others are going to only use the ER
parser. I don't think we should try to favor one pattern over the
other.

I think it's important that an ER parser produces the same infoset as
an XML parser for all WF XML documents that don't have an internal or
external subset.

I'd like it to be true for *all* WF XML documents, but I can imagine
that we might decide that the ER parser doesn't handle every possible
peculiarity of DTD parsing.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--