Re: error recovery

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:05:00 +0100, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> Yes, absolutely. All I meant was that I think we should be looking at
> this as a parsing algorithm that does the right thing with WF XML and
> also does the right thing with some inputs that aren't WF XML. That we
> say, for example, that an unmatched close tag is ignored (if that's
> what we say), doesn't mean that we have to assert this as correction
> of some specific WF error. If that makes sense, which maybe it doesn't.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. My draft (I will get a dvcs.w3.org repository
to put it in next week) does call out certain things as "parse error"
similar to HTML's parser section. To what extent we do that and whether
that should exactly match the rules of XML 1.0 is something we should
determine along the way I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/