Re: Charter

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 14:57 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

> How about if we soften it a bit:
>
>   Applications that perform error recovery should provide a mechanism
>   for identifying when recovery was performed on a document.
Anything that makes sure users have an easy way to know they made a
mistake, when they're e.g. using a web browser to "check" their work (as
people have always done with HTML) is fine by me. If the default parser
for a Web browser accepts non-WF constructs and still produces a tree,
that parser needs to be constructed so as to detect when it has done so.

Otherwise 'planes will fall out the sky and the porridge will go cold
and everyone will have to wear shoes!

> But leaving it out of the charter and making it issue 1 works for me too.

If CGs had "requirements documents" that'd be OK by me; being explicitly
chartered to explore the issue of impact of error correction on interop
would be OK too by me. I agree my wording was too strong, since it
mandated a particular outcome, but "must explore" works slightly better
for me than "should solve".