Re: XInclude 1.1 issue

On 14.9.2014 18:57, Norman Walsh wrote:
> I don't believe it's valid for xml:id to be empty.

Indeed, I forgot about that.

> As you well know,
> the number and variety of strategies for dealing with duplicate links
> and references to them are many and varied. The point of copying
> namespace qualified attributes is to allow a document author to add
> metadata which will support the particular strategy the author wants.
> I don't think we should do anything special with xml:id.

One of the most common patterns is to remove xml:id on element which is
included several times. It would be nice if that feature would be
supported by pure XInclude 1.1 without need for additional
postprocessing. But probably I'm asking for too much. And since xml:id
can't be empty, such feature would require additional attribute anyway.
And, as you said, it stops making sense as there are many other
approaches then just removing ID needed and they will have to be
implemented in an application specific way.

    Jirka