Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-09.txt> (XML Media Types) to Proposed Standard

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 13:35:44 -0600
To: ietf@ietf.org
CC: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, apps-discuss@ietf.org

On 2014-03-03 04:04, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
> WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
> - 'XML Media Types'
>    <draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-09.txt> as Proposed Standard
>
>   . . .

Dear IETF,

The W3C XML Core Working Group has continued to follow the progress
of XML Media Types (aka 3023-bis) over that last year (and more).

We have reviewed almost all of the
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-0*.txt
drafts and would like to support its transition to Proposed Standard.

Our Working Group members have made several comments on earlier
drafts as well as reviewed the comments and dispositions of
others as evidenced by
http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/02-comments.html
and
http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/06-comments.html
and various emails archived in our groups mailing list at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Sep/0010
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Sep/0019
and various other threads.

We look forward to having an updated replacement to RFC 3023.

Paul Grosso, co-chair
for the W3C XML Core Working Group