Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 September 18

Attendees
---------
Loren
Henry
Paul

[3 organizations (7 with proxies) present out of 10]

Regrets
-------
Norm, proxy to the chair
David
Liam
Jirka, proxy to the chair
Daniel, proxy to the chair
Mohamed, proxy to the chair

Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
MarkLogic (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
NACS (with regrets)
Red Hat (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Univ of Economics, Prague (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
W3C (with regrets)
John Cowan

Our next telcon is scheduled for October 2.

Henry sends regrets (TAG meeting).

> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>

> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/

Henry did recently take a look at this.

The poster had a question that was actually addressed.
However, in his final message at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/0002
he referenced two other messages at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2006Sep/0000
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2005Dec/0001
suggesting further tests about namespaces that Henry had
developed but never published as well as another issue for
which tests were not developed.

Henry has now started to work on creating and checking in
new tests.  He hopes to have this done by our next telcon.
So the new action is:

ACTION to Henry:  Update the XML test suite with tests to
address the issues raised at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2006Sep/0000
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2005Dec/0001

> 4. LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
>

> 5.  XML Media types (3023bis)
>
> Henry is co-editor. The latest draft is at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/
> with a diff version at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01_diff.html
>
> A DoC is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/00-comments.html
>
> Norm and Paul commented:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0023
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jun/0002
>
> ACTION to Henry: Provide an update on the status of 3023bis.

The latest draft is at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/

Henry says that this draft needs positive feedback to proceed
to the next step.  Henry asks that the XML Core WG send an official
endorsement, perhaps with some minor suggestions.

ACTION to Paul:  Review 3023-bis.

It would also be very nice if John and perhaps others could review this.

Henry says that we should shoot for sending something in two weeks,
so everyone in the WG needs to sign off on our sending an official
endorsement by the end of our next telcon.

> 6.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
> XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-xinclude-11-20130115/
> and Paul sent the transition announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0012
> (also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).
>
> Norm already has an implementation.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create an Implementation Report document
> for XInclude 1.1.

ACTION to Norm continued.

> Norm is maintaining a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/
>
> We have an editor's draft reflecting LC comments at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/
>
> We have received acceptance from all the commentors; see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/2013Jul/
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Augment the DoC with dispositions and
> acceptances.

ACTION to Norm continued.

> We plan to publish the next version as a CR.
>
> ACTION to Paul:  Turn the latest editor's draft into a CR.

Done at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/09/xinclude-11/
and also
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/09/xinclude-11/diff.html

The key part for WG consideration is:

  We expect to exit the CR period with at least two
  interoperable implementations of all the features
  being added as part of XInclude 1.1. We will not
  exit CR before 1 November 2013 by which time we do
  expect to have sufficient implementation experience.

ACTION to Liam:  Read and comment on the SOTD of document at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/09/xinclude-11/diff.html

Assuming we have--or are close to having--IR and DoC
documents by our next telcon, we may well vote to publish
the XInclude 1.1 CR at our next telcon.

> Liam reminds us we also need a test suite(to come out of CR,
> but not to publish the CR).
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create a test suite for XInclude 1.1.

ACTION to Norm continued.