XInclude CR draft [was: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 September 18]

On 2013-09-16 10:03, Paul Grosso wrote:

> 6.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>

> ACTION to Paul:  Turn the latest editor's draft into a CR.

I have created
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/09/xinclude-11/
with front matter appropriate for a Candidate Rec.
See also
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/09/xinclude-11/diff.html

The key part for WG consideration is:

  We expect to exit the CR period with at least two
  interoperable implementations of all the features
  being added as part of XInclude 1.1. We will not
  exit CR before 1 November 2013 by which time we do
  expect to have sufficient implementation experience.

Liam, please read and comment on the SOTD.  (As an aside, pubrules
is complaining that it can't find the SOTD and I don't know why, so
I'm sending separate email to webreq about that.)

-----

NOTES (mostly for Norm):

1.  the directory includes a diff10.html, but it is currently
just a copy of diff.html.  I'm not sure how to create what
should really be in diff10.html.

2.  the directory includes a version of basespec.xsl with
corrected boilerplate for the copyright, and I have updated
https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2013/xmlspec-xsl/basespec.xsl
with the latest too.

3.  the SOTD includes the phrase:

  all the resolutions of those comments were accepted by
  the commentors as noted in the Disposition of Comments
<http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/> document.

so the DoC needs to be updated accordingly.

4.  the SOTD now includes the following para:

  Known implementations are documented in the XInclude Implementation
  Report at http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xinclude-implementation/report.html.
  A Test Suite is maintained at http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ to help
  in assessing conformance to this specification. The latest release of the
  Test Suite includes new test cases which implementers can use to check
  their conformance to the changes included in this new edition.

I left in the URLS for the XInclude 1.0 IR and test suite.  I
don't know if you want to augment those or create new ones. I'm
fine with whatever seems best, but just let me know if I should
modify those URLs in the SOTD.