Re: Suggested addition to 3023bis for XML family specs

On 2013-11-28 05:23, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Further to our discussion on yesterday's call, here's my proposed new
> appendix:

That wording seems fine to me.

> It would be referenced from the last para of section 3.1 [1], as
> follows:
>
>    Appendix B lists the core XML specifications which, taken together
>    with [XML] itself, show how to determine an XML document's semantics
>    at both the language level and the application level.

My concern here is that the above sentence appears to say
that the given list of specifications is sufficient to
determine all the document's application level semantics,
and that is not true.  No list can determine all the
application level semantics for all applications (including
applications not yet envisioned).

I'd like to see a rewording that makes it clear that we
aren't suggesting either that the given list is exhaustive
or that any list could be exhaustive in determining all
application level semantics.