Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 May 1

Attendees
---------
Norm
Paul
Liam
John xx:10

[4 organizations (5 with proxies) present out of 8]

Regrets
-------
Henry
Jirka
Daniel, proxy to the chair

Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax
Red Hat (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Univ of Edinburgh (with regrets)
Univ of Economics, Prague (with regrets)

Our next telcon is May 15.

> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>
> XML Activity AC Review
> ----------------------
> The XML Activity AC review was open through April 26.
>
> We will ask Liam to report on the status.

Liam reports that the review should go to W3M next Wednesday.
It turned out we got more reviews toward the end of the
review period.

Liam should know more by our next telcon.

There were some comments about modifications to the charter.
We will hear more about that later.

TPAC 2013 11-15 November in Shenzhen, China
Norm hopes to be there, Liam expects to, DV may be there,
but we do not believe it makes sense to plan an official
f2f at the 2013 TPAC.  Paul will fill out the questionnaire
accordingly.

> xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
> ----------------------------
> Paul sent email about this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0014
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Come up with (and implement) a plan to
> reorganize xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl to "do the right thing."
>

> DOM4
> ----
> Henry reported that DOM4 has removed (or deprecated) access to the
> XML Declaration. Our Infoset spec says that standalone, version,
> and the encoding are part of the information content of an XML
> document.
>
> Henry and Paul think the XML Core WG should send an email
> to the Web Applications Working Group (public-webapps@w3.org)
> to reinstate the parts of the xml decl that are in the Infoset.
>
> Henry drafted a potential comment at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Feb/0023
>
> John filed some thoughts to the contrary at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Feb/0026
>
> Henry figures we should discuss this some more.
> Norm is having a hard time caring about all this.
>
> Henry reached out to the webapps working group at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Apr/0009
> to try to collect some more data on this issue.
>

> Possible removal of XSLT support in Chrome
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Apr/thread.#msg16

We discussed this briefly.  Not sure we can do anything
about this at this time.  We also don't expect any such
change to occur too soon.

> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>

> 4.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
> Henry has been added as an editor and there is now a new draft,
> draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00 at
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00
> We now await this going through the IETF process.
>

> 5.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
> XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-xinclude-11-20130115/
> and Paul sent the transition announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0012
> (also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).
>
> To date, there has been one comment posted to
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/
> Norm posted announcement of the XInclude 1.1 Last Call
> to the DocBook list and there have been some comments at
> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/201301/threads.html#00005
> Norm posted announcement of the XInclude 1.1 Last Call
> to the xml-dev list at
> http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/201302/msg00023.html
> (No comments to date.)
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Prepare a Disposition of Comments document for
> XInclude 1.1.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create an Implementation Report document for
> XInclude 1.1.

ACTION to Norm continued.

Liam reminds us we will need a test suite too.