Re: XInclude 1.1 draft updated

On 2013-07-24 11:46, Norman Walsh wrote:
>> Norm will correct "This version", tweak the SOTD (per separate
>> email from Paul) and add an example to address Bob Stayton's comment.
> I haven't tweaked the SOTD but I did add the example, fix the status links,
> and republish at:
>
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/diff.html and
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/diff10.html

Sorry I missed this before.

The C5 example has:

  xpointer="xpointer(string-range(chapter/p[1],'Sentence 2')/
              range-to(string-range(/chapter/p[2]/i,'3.',1,2)))"

The xpointer() scheme is not registered.  At [1], it is listed
as "being reviewed" and "last updated in 2006" though the spec
itself, which is just a working draft, is dated 2002 and has
no pointer to a list of implementations, and I am not aware
of any implementations.

Do we really want to put an example using this scheme into
our XInclude 1.1 spec?  (I don't.)

Can we show whatever it is this example shows using the
xpath() scheme or some other scheme that is registered?

paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/