Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 July 24

Attendees
---------
Norm
David
Paul
Liam
John

[5 organizations (7 with proxies) present out of 9]

Regrets
-------
Henry
Jirka, proxy to the chair
Daniel, proxy to the chair

Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax
Red Hat (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Univ of Edinburgh (with regrets)
Univ of Econ, Prague (with regrets, proxy to the chair)

Our next telcon is August 7.

Regrets from Norm, John, Liam at Balisage, David also out.
It seems unlikely that we would be able to have a call on
August 7.

No regrets heard for August 21.

> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>
> XML Activity AC Review
> ----------------------
> The XML Activity rechartering was approved. Liam will
> put links to new charters soon.

The new charter is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-core-charter.html

> xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
> ----------------------------
> Paul sent email about this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0014
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Come up with (and implement) a plan to
> reorganize xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl to "do the right thing."
>
> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>

> 4. LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
>

> 5.  XML Media types (3023bis)
>
> Henry is co-editor. The latest draft is at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/
> with a diff version at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01_diff.html
>
> A DoC is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/00-comments.html
>
> Norm and Paul commented:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0023
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jun/0002
>

> 6.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
> XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-xinclude-11-20130115/
> and Paul sent the transition announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0012
> (also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).
>
> Norm already has an implementation.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create an Implementation Report document
> for XInclude 1.1.
>
> Norm is maintaining a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/
>
> We have less than a half dozen comments, none of them
> appearing difficult/substantial. We have charged the
> editor with producing a new editor's draft addressing
> the comments.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create a new draft in time for review
> at the July 24 telcon.  Have a diff version diffed against
> the previously published (LC) XInclude 1.1 draft.  Put
> both in public (www.w3.org/XML/Group/2013/) space.

Norm put up a new draft at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/

Diff from the 1.1 LC draft:
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/diff.html

Diff from the 1.0 REC:
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/diff10.html

Paul made a couple comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jul/0010

Norm will correct "This version", tweak the SOTD (per separate
email from Paul) and add an example to address Bob Stayton's comment.

> Once the WG has a chance to see the new draft, we will
> send email to the commentors asking for their approval
> of our disposition. Then...

Once Norm has updated the draft, the WG has CONSENSUS for Paul
  to send email to the commentors (requesting that they cc the
comment list with their reply).

> ACTION to Norm:  Augment the DoC with dispositions and
> acceptances.
>
> Assuming we decide there were no substantive changes, we
> will plan to publish the next version as a CR.

Assuming none of commentors object to our disposition,
we will make our next draft a CR.