XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2013 January 14

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:34:20 -0600
To: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.
Our next telcon will be 2013 January 23.

Status and open actions
=======================

Names that begin [Xx][Mm][Ll]
-----------------------------
Norm drafted an erratum to "reserve" xml-* for PI targets
and delete the restriction that we lay claim to other names
that start with "xml", and various people commented.

The latest draft is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Dec/0050
and we had CONSENSUS on that wording.

ACTION to Norm:  Add the latest wording to the Errata document at
http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-5e-errata

xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
----------------------------
Paul sent email about this at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0014

ACTION to Norm:  Come up with (and implement) a plan to
reorganize xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl to "do the right thing."

XInclude 1.1
------------
On 2012 February 14, we published
XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/

On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/

We had CONSENSUS to publish
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/01/xinclude-11/
as a Last Call Working Draft, and Paul sent in the publication request at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0006
(to which there has been no response to date).