Re: Fwd: Is there a tool which tells me if my XML is "fully normalized"?

Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name> writes:
> Something you said below confuses me.
>
> Under 2, you say "The content of that element is a single
> text node containing a single character", but then under 3,
> you say "There's nothing that isn't Unicode normalized
> about that sequence [of] 27 characters."
>
> But "27 characters" implies "&#x0338;" is 8 characters,
> not "a single text node containing a single character".
>
> Can you unravel my confusion?

The question in 3 is how should applications *produce* "fully
normalized" XML 1.0 or 1.1. My point about 27 characters is that I
believe an application that chose to serialize the single combining
solidus character as a numeric character reference would be producing
fully normalized Unicode. Unicode doesn't care about the XML infoset,
it only cares about sequences of octets.

Unraveled?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--