Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 August 21

Attendees
---------
Loren
Norm
Jirka
Paul

[4 organizations (5 with proxies) present out of 10]

Regrets
-------
Henry
David
Liam
Daniel, proxy to the chair

Absent organizations
--------------------
Innovimax
NACS (with regrets)
Red Hat (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Univ of Edinburgh (with regrets)
W3C (with regrets)
John Cowan

Our next telcon is scheduled for September 4, but both Paul
and Norm need to give regrets.  If Liam can chair and there
is something to discuss, we may have a call, otherwise our
next call would be September 18 (for which Norm gives regrets).

> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

Welcome Loren to the WG.

> XML Activity AC Review
> ----------------------
> The XML Activity rechartering was approved. Our latest charter is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-core-charter.html
>
> All WG members need to rejoin at
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/18796/status
>
> As of this writing, the following WG members have not yet rejoined:
> University of Edinburgh
> W3C (if, in fact, rejoining for Liam and Carine is necessary)

ACTION to Paul:  Ping Henry about rejoining.

> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>

> 4. LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
>

> 5.  XML Media types (3023bis)
>
> Henry is co-editor. The latest draft is at
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes/
> with a diff version at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-01_diff.html
>
> A DoC is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/3023bis/00-comments.html
>
> Norm and Paul commented:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0023
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jun/0002

ACTION to Paul:  Ping Henry for a status of 3023bis.

> 6.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
> XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-xinclude-11-20130115/
> and Paul sent the transition announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013Jan/0012
> (also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).
>
> Norm already has an implementation.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Create an Implementation Report document
> for XInclude 1.1.
>
> Norm is maintaining a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/05/xinclude-11-lc-doc/
>
> We have an editor's draft reflecting LC comments at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/07/xinclude-11/
>
> Paul has sent email to the commentors; see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-xinclude-comments/2013Jul/
> We have received acceptance from two of the four commentors,
> and Paul has just sent ticklers to the other two commentors.

We now have three acceptances and a promise from the
fourth commentor to reply soon.

> ACTION to Norm:  Augment the DoC with dispositions and
> acceptances as they come in.

Ongoing.

> Assuming we receive no serious objections, we
> will plan to publish the next version as a CR.

We should be able to publish a CR in mid September.

> Liam reminds us we also need a test suite.

ACTION to Norm:  Create a test suite for XInclude 1.1.