Fwd: Which Visa type for TPAC 2013? [Was: Visa and registration reminder; .]

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:41:03 -0500
To: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Which Visa type for TPAC 2013? [Was: Visa and registration
reminder; .]
Date: 	Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:18:20 -0500
From: 	Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
To: 	Wilhelm Joys Andersen <w@wja.no>
CC: 	Chairs@w3.org Chairs <Chairs@w3.org>, An Qi Li <angel@w3.org>

On Aug 20, 2013, at 2:38 PM, Wilhelm Joys Andersen <w@wja.no> wrote:

> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>:
>> VISA. Do you need a visa to travel to China?
>
> Several people in my working group have asked which visa they need,
> but I don't have any good answers.
>
> Do we need a business visa (F), or is a tourist visa okay? Is there
> any overview of which nationalities need which visas for the event?

[I am adding Angel Li in cc; she may also have additional information.]

Hi Wilhelm,

Thank you for the question. Each person must choose for himself or herself what visa type
to apply for.

Personally, I picked F. That choice was based on this material (for US citizens):
    http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/zgqz/t943855.htm

and the purpose and length of my stay. For the definitive answer please check with
your consulate.

Ian

Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447