Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 Seotember 5

On Mon, 2012-09-03 at 11:08 -0500, Paul Grosso wrote:
> We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
> September 5,
Unfortunately I have to go in to town (we planned to go today and
couldn't because of a storm) so must send regrets.

A note about a note - at Balisage I talked about non-well-formed xml on
the Web; some 13% of one 40GByte corpus, most of which was RSS or HTML.

I concluded that there's not much benefit to error recovery based on
this survey, and that it would be better for the Core WG to publish a
Note explaining that error recovery *is* already allowed by the XML spec
*if* and *only if* there is no claim that the result is in XML - e.g.
for a Web browser, an error message to the console, and a testable
property in the DOM, would suffice.

If we get consensus on this not being an unreasnable thing t odo, I'm
willing to edit such a note. If not, the world won't end :)

It's OK to discuss it in my absence of course ,or to wait, it's not
urgent.

Liam