Re: xml:rel, xml:href, xml:type

Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name> writes:
> Please consider commenting on my draft response below.
> I'd like to be able to send it right after this week's
> telcon at the latest.

Inline, below.

I think I might have said something like this:

  Note that the xlink:type attribute is not parallel to your suggested
  xml:type. Providing the MIME media type of the link target at the
  point of the link source is convenient for some applications but is
  inherently risky. The URI points to a resource, and retrieving a
  representation of that resource determines the media type.

but I think your response is fine.

>> Also note that the XLink specification allows the definition of
>> more complex linking relationships, though those extended features
>> need not be used for simpler links.
>>
>> paul
>>
>> Paul Grosso
>> for the XML Core WG
>>

>> [1]http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink11/

Looks good. Sorry I didn't comment sooner.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh