Re: Where is the id() XPointer scheme defined

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:22:20 +0000
To: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Paul Grosso writes:

> On 2012-02-15 11:17, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>> I thought it was in the XPointer Framework doc, but if it is I can't
>> see it.
>
> There is no id() xpointer scheme.

It's used in examples in the XPointer Framework document. . .

> XPointer Framework definition includes the shorthand pointer
> (formerly known as a barename) that matches an element whose
> identifier (e.g., id) matches the NCName given by the shorthand
> pointer.

Indeed.

But if memory serves, the reason it's _called_ a _shorthand_ pointer
is because it's a shortened form of the id() scheme. . .

>> That means as things stand 3023bis will _not_ require support for it.
>
> Support for what?

The id() scheme.

>  There is no id() xpointer scheme, so there is no such thing as
> support for it.

OK, I'm relieved.

> And 3023bis better require support for XPointer Framework
> including the shorthand pointer.

That's already there, yes, not to worry.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk