XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2012 February 13

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:51:34 -0600
To: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2012 February 22.

Status and open actions

xml-stylesheet and HTML5
Hnery took an action to file a bug about xml-stylesheet
handling.  Done:

Henry has done a lot more testing and filing of results to date.
Henry's tests are at
You need to look at the README and README2 files there.

The CSS2 spec says something about styling XML with CSS.
Henry also notes http://www.w3.org/Style/styling-XML.en.html.

ACTION to Henry: File a bug against the HTML5 spec saying that it should
support styling XML with CSS.

issues with the Polyglot draft:  BOM
Henry sent email with various potential issues at

We discussed the point about the spec recommending [P1] the use of
the UTF-8 BOM.

[P1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/#character-encoding

Henry thinks we converged on this in email on Wednesday 11 January:

ACTION: Henry to file an issue against Polyglot about the BOM.

issues with the Polyglot draft:  xml:space and xml:base
See the minutes at
for the discussion.

ACTION: Henry to draft an issue regarding xml:space and xml:base in
the Polyglot draft for WG review.

XInclude 1.1
This would address the two issues:
* @xpointer when parse="text"
* copying attributes from the xinclude element to the root
  included element

If we want to produce an XInclude 1.1, we will need an amended
charter as indicated by Ian at
but we can discuss requirements now.

We expect to publish our XInclude 1.1 Requirements WG Note at
tomorrow (Tuesday, February 14).  Until then, it is at

We should wait to see what if any feedback we get and then,
if we want to go ahead with an XInclude 1.1, we should look
into amending our charter.