Request for edit-in-place to XPointer Framework

Dear Webreq,

Please see the below message for context and then the rest
of this message for the actual request.

Registry

> On 19 Oct 2011, at 11:46 AM, Grosso, Paul wrote:
>
> > Ian,
> >
> > It has been pointed out [1] that the XPointer Framework Rec [2]
> > has no reference to the XPointer Registry [3].  This isn't
> > really surprising given that the registry didn't exist when
> > the Rec came out, but it has been said that people now expect
> > the XPointer Framework spec to have such a reference.
> >
> > The XML Core WG is loath to reopen the XPointer Framework Rec
> > (note that it was never our document, it was produced by the
> > now closed XLink WG), and we are wondering if it would be possible
> > to edit the spec in place to add a reference to the XPointer
Registry

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Sep/0009
> > [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/
> > [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/

The XML Core WG requests the following edit-in-place (3 files) to
http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/:

--------------

HTML: http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xptr-framework-20030325/Overview.var

In the SOTD, in between the </p> and <p> in the following:

foundational part of a fragment identifier syntax for the XML Media
types.</p><p>Public comments on this Recommendation are welcome.  Please
send them to

*** please insert (where the two occurrences of XX are replaced by the
day's date):

0.5em; background: #FFB;">
informative. On 18 November 2005
an <a href="http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/">XPointer
Schemes Registry</a> was approved for
public use under the terms of
an <a href="http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-policy.html">XPointer
Scheme Name Registry Policy</a>.</p>

--------------

XML:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xptr-framework-20030325/xptr-framework.xml

In the SOTD, in between the </p> and <p> in the following:

Media types.</p>

welcome.  Please send them to

*** please insert (where the two occurrences of XX are replaced by the
day's date):

Update 2011-10-XX</kw>: This paragraph is informative. On 18 November
2005
an <loc href="http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/">XPointer
Schemes Registry</loc> was approved for
public use under the terms of
an <loc href="http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-policy.html">XPointer
Scheme Name Registry Policy</loc>.</p>

------------------

XSL first choice: http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-REC.css

Since this is a W3C-wide concept, the best solution here is to add
to http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/W3C-REC.css the following CSS:

.edited-in-place {border: solid black 1px; padding: 0.5em; background:
#FFB;}

---

XSL alternative:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-xptr-framework-20030325/xmlspec.xsl

If we do not want to edit W3C-REC.css, then edit the local XSLT by
adding:

.edited-in-place {border: solid black 1px; padding: 0.5em; background:
#FFB;}

after
div.exampleHeader { font-weight: bold;
                    margin: 4px}
near the bottom of the template name="css".

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

thanks,

Paul
for the XML Core WG