XPointer Framework doesn't reference the XPointer Registry

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:46:24 -0400
To: "Ian Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Ian,

It has been pointed out [1] that the XPointer Framework Rec [2]
has no reference to the XPointer Registry [3].  This isn't
really surprising given that the registry didn't exist when
the Rec came out, but it has been said that people now expect
the XPointer Framework spec to have such a reference.

The XML Core WG is loath to reopen the XPointer Framework Rec
(note that it was never our document, it was produced by the
now closed XLink WG), and we are wondering if it would be possible
to edit the spec in place to add a reference to the XPointer Registry
from the SOTD of the Rec.

Paul
for the XML Core WG

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Sep/0009