Re: XInclude @xpointer when parse="text"

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> writes:
> [...]

Interesting question. I implemented it as a text() scheme. I suppose
if we added a @textptr attribute, I'd be inclined to just say it had
to include an RFC 5147 fragment identifier.

> If there is only one way (5147) to address into a text resource,
> then I'm not sure there's a point to allowing multiple schemes,
> but then #1 would appear problematic unless we say that the
> @xpointer attribute has different syntax depending on the value
> of @parse.  That would cause me to prefer #2.

If we say 1, I think we should assert that the "text()" scheme
implements it. Having the syntax be dependent on the parse attribute
is ugly.

Speaking of ugly, if we go with (2), I want the presence of @textptr
to imply parse=text. I think.

                                        Be seeing you,