W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > March 2011

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2011 March 23

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:53:35 -0400
Message-ID: <9B2DE9094C827E44988F5ADAA6A2C5DA02636712@HQ-MAIL9.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Attendees
---------
 Paul 
 Norm
 Henry
 John

[4 organizations (5 with proxies) present out of 9]

Regrets
-------
Daniel
Mohamed
Jirka
Liam

Absent organizations
--------------------
IBM
Innovimax (with regrets)
W3C (with regrets)
Daniel Veillard (with regrets, proxy to the chair)
Jirka Kosek (with regrets)

Our next telcon will be April 6.  


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
> 

Accepted.

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> TPAC week
> ---------
> TPAC will be 31 October through 4 November 2011 in Santa Clara
> California.  I think we should plan to have a f2f during this
> week: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/ - Meeting Overview page.
> 
> Please plan to provide best guess "probably will/probably won't/
> no way will" attend indications at our telcon.

Probably will:  Paul, Norm, Henry
Maybe:
Most likely won't:  John
Haven't heard from yet:  Daniel, Mohamed, Glenn, Liam, Jirka

> 
> 
> Charter renewal
> ---------------
> Our new charter is out for AC review.  Please urge your AC rep
> to reply to the review.
> 
> 
> XPointer registry and the xpath() scheme
> ----------------------------------------
> Norm sent email requesting re-instatement of the xpath() scheme at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xpointer-
> registry/2010OctDec/0002
> 
> The email list to track discussions about this registry is
> public-xpointer-registry@w3.org archived at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xpointer-registry/
> 
> Liam did something about re-instatement of the xpath() scheme.
> 
> ***ACTION to Norm:  Check that you are happy with what Liam did
> for the xpath() XPointer scheme.

Done--Norm is happy enough.

> 
> 
> XML Processor Profiles review
> -----------------------------
> There is a substantially reworked XML Processing Model WG's
> Last Call Working Draft of "XML processor profiles" at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html
> 
> John and Glenn re-reviewed the latest version
> of the XML processor profiles last call draft at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html
> and had a variety of comments at the last telcon.
> 
> ***ACTION to John, Glenn:  Send your comments on the latest
> version of the XML processor profiles last call draft at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html
> to the Processing Model comments list at
> public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

ACTION to John, Glenn continued.

> 
> 
> IRIbis
> ------
> Martin Dürst sent email at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0005
> informing us of an update to IRIbis in response to an issue
> we raised.  Please see the above referenced email and the
> references therein and let the WG know if you have any
> concerns with how our request was handled.

It looks fine to us.

ACTION to Paul:  Let Martin know.

> 
> 
> 3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
> 
> We are creating an XML 1.0 6th Edition and XML 1.1 3rd (or
> perhaps 6th) Edition.
> 
> ACTION to John:  Update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1
> to reflect any errata and the LEIRI reference.

ACTION to John continued.

> 
> 
> 4.  XML Test Suite.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/

ACTION to Henry continued.

> 
> 
> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
>    and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
> 
> 
> 6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
> 
> We plan to issue the following spec editions referencing LEIRIs:
> 
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition
> * XInclude 3rd Edition
> 
> John wonders if we should call the next edition of XML 1.1
> the 6th Edition to match the XML 1.0 spec.  (No decision yet.)
> 
> We decided not to touch XLink 1.0.  XLink 1.1 is already leirified.
> 
> John will update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1.
> 
> Paul will update the Xinclude source.
> 
> Paul, Norm, and Liam are responsible for dealing with pubrules
> and other administrivia.
> 
> Paul sent email at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0007
> asking for clarification of just we are planning to do in
> terms of issuing new editions wrt LEIRIs.  Please see the
> email and respond.

Paul's latest assumption is that we would have the new editions
point to our WG Note which already says:

 When [IRIbis is published as an RFC], this specification will be
 re-issued to reference it in place of the extracts given below.

We are concerned that the XML specs would be normatively referencing
an RFC through a (non-normative) WG Note, so we're not sure what we
want to do here.

ACTION to Henry:  Talk to Larry Masinter (one of the authors of IRIbis)
to get a better idea on when IRIbis might become an RFC.

> 
> 
> 7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id
> 
> 
> 8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
> 
> 
> 9.  XLink 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
> 
> 
> 10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> 
> We are creating an XInclude 3rd Edition.
> 
> ACTION to Paul:  Update the XML sources for Xinclude to reflect
> any errata and the LEIRI reference.

ACTION to Paul continued.

> 
> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
> 
> AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xml-stylesheet-20101028/
> 
> ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata

ACTION to Henry continued.

> 
> 12.  xml-model
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas
> 
> This has been published as a WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-xml-model-20100415/
> 
> We will plan to update our WG Note to reference the ISO spec
> once it is officially available. We will also update our Note
> to reference the Rec version of AssocSS 2nd Ed.
> 
> Jirka reports that the ISO xml-model ballot ends on 2011 April 1st.
> 
> 
> paul
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Mar/0004
> 
Received on Wednesday, 23 March 2011 15:54:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 23 March 2011 15:54:41 GMT