W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > July 2011

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2011 July 13

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:39:34 -0400
Message-ID: <9B2DE9094C827E44988F5ADAA6A2C5DA03317B78@HQ-MAIL9.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Attendees
---------
Paul 
Norm
Henry
John 
Jirka

[3 organizations (4 with proxies) present out of 9]

Regrets
-------
Liam
Glenn
Mohamed
Daniel

Absent organizations
--------------------
IBM (with regrets)
Innovimax (with regrets)
W3C (with regrets)
Jirka Kosek
John Cowan
Daniel Veillard (with regrets, proxy to the chair)


Our next telcon will be July 27.  


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
> 

Accepted

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> TPAC week
> ---------
> TPAC will be 31 October through 4 November 2011 in Santa Clara
> California.  I think we should plan to have a f2f during this
> week: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/ - Meeting Overview page.
> 
> Registration is now open:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/
> The XML Core WG is meeting Thursday and Friday of the TPAC week.
> 
> Likely attendance:
> 
> Probably will:  Paul, Norm, Henry, Liam
> Maybe:  Mohamed
> Most likely won't:  John, Daniel, Jirka, Glenn
> 
> 
> Request for explanation of namespaces and attributes
> ----------------------------------------------------
> An official request for an explanation of how namespaces affect
> attributes an has been sent to xml-editor, archived at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-editor/2011JulSep/0000
> 
> Henry has already made a brief reply at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-editor/2011JulSep/0001
> and Bjoern Hoehrmann made a reply on www-tag at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jul/0007
> 
> We should work up an official reply.  Since our next telcon isn't
> for two weeks, I'd like to start that in email.
> 
> Does anyone volunteer to come up with a draft for us?
> 

ACTION to Paul:  Draft something.

> 
> 3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
> 
> We are creating an XML 1.0 6th Edition and XML 1.1 3rd (or
> perhaps 6th) Edition.
> 
> ACTION to John:  Update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1
> to reflect any errata and the LEIRI reference.
> 
> On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
> 
> 
> 4.  XML Test Suite.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
> 

Some progress, but action continued.

> 
> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
>    and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
> 
> 
> 6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
> 
> We had planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
LEIRIs:
> 
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition
> * XInclude 3rd Edition
> 
> We continue to wait to see what might happen with IRIbis.
> 
> 
> 7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id
> 
> 
> 8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
> 
> 
> 9.  XLink 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
> 
> 
> 10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> 
> We are creating an XInclude 3rd Edition.
> 
> ACTION to Paul:  Update the XML sources for Xinclude to reflect
> any errata and the LEIRI reference.
> 
> On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
> 
> 
> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
> 
> AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xml-stylesheet-20101028/
> 
> 
> 12.  xml-model
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas
> 
> This has been published as a WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-xml-model-20100415/
> 
> The ISO ballet has ended.  Some of the comments led us to
> tweak our Note.
> 
> Paul prepared an updated draft of the WG Note at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2011/04/xml-model/xml-model-diff.htm
> 
> The WG had CONSENSUS to publish XML Model 2nd Ed whose draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2011/04/xml-model/xml-model-diff.htm
> 
> ACTION to Paul:  Publish XML Model 2nd Ed WG Note.
> 

ACTION to Paul continued.

> 
> paul
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Jun/0014
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 13 July 2011 15:46:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 13 July 2011 15:46:03 GMT