Re: PIs with target "XML" etc.

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:16:59 -0500
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Grosso, Paul scripsit:

> Unless someone else weighs in with an objection, I suggest
> you propose some wording to add to the next edition that
> we can review and approve.

On further examination, PIs with target names matching "xml"
case-insensitively are excluded by production 17, which makes <?XML foo?>
not well-formed.  Therefore, the sentence "The target names " XML ",
" xml ", and so on are reserved for standardization in this or future
versions of this specification" in Section 2.6 is actively misleading
and should be removed.

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan