Re: PIs with target "XML" etc.

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:16:59 -0500
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Grosso, Paul scripsit:

> Unless someone else weighs in with an objection, I suggest
> you propose some wording to add to the next edition that
> we can review and approve.

On further examination, PIs with target names matching "xml"
case-insensitively are excluded by production 17, which makes <?XML foo?>
not well-formed.  Therefore, the sentence "The target names " XML ",
" xml ", and so on are reserved for standardization in this or future
versions of this specification" in Section 2.6 is actively misleading
and should be removed.

Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan