XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2011 January 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:44:56 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2011 February 9.

We should start talking about issuing the following spec editions
referencing LEIRIs:

        * XML 1.0 6th Edition
        * XML 1.1 3rd Edition
        * XInclude 3rd Edition

Status and open actions

Our new charter should be going out to the AC for review soon.

ACTION to Liam:  Add some mention of (something like MicroXML)
to the cover letter of the XML Core Charter review announcement.

XPointer registry and the xpath() scheme
Norm sent email requesting re-instatement of the xpath() scheme at

The email list to track discussions about this registry is
public-xpointer-registry@w3.org archived at

ACTION to Liam:  Do something about re-instatement of the xpath()

XML Processor Profiles review
We have been asked to review the XML Processing Model WG's
Last Call Working Draft of "XML processor profiles" at

Glenn wanted to see some rationale/use case for moving from
one profile to the next.

ACTION to Glenn:  Send your request for rationales to the
xproc comments list: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

Associating Stylesheets
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at

ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at