XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2011 January 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:44:56 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2011 February 9.

We should start talking about issuing the following spec editions
referencing LEIRIs:

        * XML 1.0 6th Edition
        * XML 1.1 3rd Edition
        * XInclude 3rd Edition

Status and open actions
=======================

Administrivia
-------------
Our new charter should be going out to the AC for review soon.

ACTION to Liam:  Add some mention of (something like MicroXML)
to the cover letter of the XML Core Charter review announcement.

XPointer registry and the xpath() scheme
Norm sent email requesting re-instatement of the xpath() scheme at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xpointer-registry/2010OctDec/
0002

The email list to track discussions about this registry is
public-xpointer-registry@w3.org archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xpointer-registry/

ACTION to Liam:  Do something about re-instatement of the xpath()
scheme.

XML Processor Profiles review
-----------------------------
We have been asked to review the XML Processing Model WG's
Last Call Working Draft of "XML processor profiles" at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-xml-proc-profiles-20101130/

Glenn wanted to see some rationale/use case for moving from
one profile to the next.

ACTION to Glenn:  Send your request for rationales to the
xproc comments list: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

Associating Stylesheets
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xml-stylesheet-20101028/

ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at
http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata