W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > August 2011

XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2011 August 15

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:04:46 -0400
Message-ID: <9B2DE9094C827E44988F5ADAA6A2C5DA0365B29F@HQ-MAIL9.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2011 August 24.
Regrets from Henry and Daniel.


Status and open actions
=======================

TPAC week
---------
TPAC will be 31 October through 4 November 2011 in Santa Clara
California.  We are planning to have a f2f during this week:
http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/ - Meeting Overview page.

Registration is now open:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/
The XML Core WG is meeting Thursday and Friday of the TPAC week.

Likely attendance:

Probably will:  Paul, Norm, Henry, Liam
Maybe:  Mohamed
Most likely won't:  John, Daniel, Jirka, Glenn


xml-stylesheet and HTML5
------------------------
Henry started a thread at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Jul/0008

In the HTML5 spec, when dealing with the XML prolog, there is
nothing about processing instructions, so it isn't clear that
browsers would pick up the xml-stylesheet PI.

John Cowan said there was another part of the spec that applies
to that process, but Henry hasn't yet followed up on that.

ACTION to Henry:  Research to ensure that the xml-stylesheet PI
is appropriately referenced from HTML5 and/or 3023bis (the XML
media type definition).

Note that 3023bis could say that browsers should reference
Assoc SS and process the SSPI when processing an XML resource.


Extending XInclude
------------------
Norm sent email on behalf of DocBook at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2011Jul/0013
asking whether we want to consider extending Xinclude.

The key issue is that xincluding content can often cause
duplicate ids, and the question is whether we can define
some kind of fix up.

Henry is skeptical about id fixup, and he considers IDs
as obsolete technology.

Norm doesn't see how scoped identifiers solves his problem.
See http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion-requirements/#uc-5
for a use case.

If we provide some kind of id fixup on xinclude, we could
provide some solutions to some use cases.

See http://www.docbook.org/docs/transclusion/#d6e180 for
some DocBook proposals for id fixup.

We'll plan to think about this some and revisit.


LEIRIs and new editions
-----------------------
We continue to wait to see what might happen with IRIbis.


XML 1.0 6th Edition and XML 1.1 3rd Edition
-------------------------------------------
ACTION to John:  Update the XML sources for XML 1.0 and 1.1
to reflect any errata and the LEIRI reference.

On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.


XInclude 3rd Edition
--------------------
ACTION to Paul:  Update the XML sources for Xinclude to reflect 
any errata and the LEIRI reference.

On hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
Received on Monday, 15 August 2011 22:06:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:43 UTC