Re: XPointer Framework and shorthand pointers

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:49:07 -0400
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> writes:
> But (unless I'm reading the grammar incorrectly), it doesn't
> seem to allow for a Shorthand at the end of the SchemeBased
> list.

But isn't the element scheme sufficient? Assuming the ID value
is foo:

  href="#xmlns(my=http://my.com/my) my:funky(schemdata) element(foo)"

I suppose you could implement XPointer Framework and my:funky and
*not* the Element scheme, but it seems unlikely.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
www.marklogic.com