Re: xml-model in SC34

Grosso, Paul wrote:
>>> How will someone looking at this ISO spec know that it
>>> is identical to our WG Note?
>> In the foreword there is written:
>>
>> "This part of ISO/IEC19757 is being jointly developed by W3C and
>> ISO/IEC
>> JTC1/SC34. The technical content of this
>> specification and that of [XML-MODEL] is expected to be identical."
>>
>> [XML-MODEL] reference points to WG Note:
>>
>> "[XML-MODEL] Associating Schemas with XML documents 1.0 (First
>> Edition),
>> P. Grosso, J. Kosek. W3C, April 2010.
>> Available at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-model/>"
>
> And will we be able to add something parallel to our Note
> referencing the ISO spec when it is a standard?

Definitively yes. Currently WG Note has

"However, this specification is being jointly developed by W3C and
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34. The technical content of this specification and that
of ISO/IEC 19757-11 is expected to be identical, so the basic content of
this WG Note may be—or may become—referenceable in another form."

We can add reference to ISO/IEC 19757-11 to list of normative references
in appendix A once it is approved in ISO. My understanding of W3C
process is that such change can be done quite easily in Working Group Note.

   Jirka