XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2010 November 24

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:11:26 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2010 December 1.

Status and open actions

We need to consider what we want for our charter for 2011
and 2012.  Liam has drafted one at
It's fairly uncontroversial, but comments are solicited.

TAG concern wrt 3023bis, +xml media types and fragids
Henry sent email about this at

3023bis says that the +xml implies that the resource is suitable for
processing by generic xml processors.  And it says that such xml
processors should handle fragment ids.  Specifically, handling the
fragment identifiers in an rdf+xml document is not something that a
generic xml processor could do.

The TAG was leaning toward removing the statement from 3023bis that
says that fragid syntax and semantics is something that any generic
xml processor can handle in a +xml resource.

Norm and John (among others) weighed in; see the thread at
Norm's latest (as of July 18) is at

As of 2010 November 22, the denouement from the TAG
appears to be represented by email to the 3023bis editors at

XPointer registry and the xpath() scheme
Norm sent email requesting re-instatement of the xpath() scheme at

Associating Stylesheets
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

AssocSS 2nd Ed is now a Recommendation at

ACTION to Henry: Update the Errata document at

XML Model
This has been published as a WG Note at

Jirka indicated the ISO version of XML model is going to DIS.
It should soon go out for vote as DIS over the next 3-4 months.

We will plan to update our WG Note to reference the ISO spec
once it is officially available.  We will also update our Note
to reference the Rec version of AssocSS 2nd Ed when available.